Before investing you should consider carefully the risks involved, including those described below. If you have any doubt as to suitability or taxation implications, seek independent financial advice.
General – Your capital is at risk when you invest in shares, never risk more than you can afford to lose. Past performance and forecasts are not reliable indicators of future results. There is no guarantee dividends will be paid. Bid/offer spreads, commissions, fees and other charges can reduce returns from investments.
Overseas shares - Some recommendations may be denominated in a currency other than sterling. The return from these may increase or decrease as a result of currency fluctuations. Any dividends will be taxed at source in the country of issue.
Funds – Fund performance relies on the performance of the underlying investments and there is counterparty default risk which could result in a loss not represented by the underlying investment.
Taxation – Profits from share dealing are a form of income and subject to taxation. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
Managing Editor: Tim Price. Information and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of other editors/contributors of Southbank Investment Resaerch Limited. A full portfolio is available on request. Full details of our complaints procedure and terms and conditions can be found at www.southbankresearch.com.
The Price Report is issued by Southbank Investment Research Ltd. Registered Office: 2nd Floor, Crowne House, 56-58 Southwark Street, London, SE1 1UN. Registered in England Company No 9539630. VAT No GB629 7287 94.
Southbank Investment Research Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA No 706697. https://register.fca.org.uk/.
© 2017 Southbank Investment Research Limited. All rights reserved.
1. “How to start a Business with No Money, Your Hand Guide to Starting your Own Successful Business”: 29 Famous John D Rockefeller Quotes and Principles for Success, article from Strategic Business team website, accessed on 7.04.17.
2. TES Optimal Value Investing, Talking about value investing: “Returns of Benjamin Graham’s Net Current Asset Value Strategy, Part 2, taken from Tes Optimal value investing website, accessed on 7.04.17.
3. “How to do Better than The Average Investor’s Paltry 2.3% Annualized Return for the Past 20 Years”, by Robert Lenzner, taken from the Forbes website, accessed on 7.04.17.
4. Bill Ruane Resource page: Bio, Investment Philosophy, Quotes, taken from Value walk website, accessed on 10.04.17.
5. Tom Knapp and Ed Anderson Resource Page: Bio, Tweedy Browne, Stocks, Life, taken from Value Walk website, accessed on 10.04.17.
6. Rick Guerin Resource Page: Bio, Investments, Quotes, Articles, Videos, taken from Value Walk website, accessed on 10.04.17.
7. Your Essential Guide To Walter Schloss Investing, taken from Value Walk website, accessed on 10.04.17.
8. Walter Schloss Resource Page: Bio, Books, Investment Philosophy, Quotes, taken from Value Walk website, accessed on 10.04.17.
9. “Here's What Warren Buffet Thinks About The Efficient Market Hypothesis”, taken from Business Insider website, by Insider Monkey, produced on 1.12.10, accessed on 10.04.17.
10. “How Not to Get Fired with Smart Beta Investing”, by John West, Vitali Kalesnik, Mark Clements, produced on January 2017, accessed on 10.04.17.
11. Triumph of the Optimists: 101 Years of Global Investment Returns, by Elroy Dimson, Paul Marsh and Mike Staunton, produced 03.02.02, accessed on 10.04.17.
12. “O'Shaughnessy's Cornerstone Growth Screen: Beating the Market through Relative Strength and Price to Sales”, article from Business Insider website, produced on 16.04.11, accessed on 10.04.17.
13. “How a Single Book Set Warren Buffett on the Path to Success”, by Mike Bergelson, produced on 27.02.14, accessed on 10.04.17.
14. The Calculator Site, Compound Interest Calculator, used to calculate growth stock returns
15. “Here's what $1,000 invested with Warren Buffett at different times in the last fifty years is worth today”, by Elena Holodny, taken from The Business Insider website, produced on 14.08.14, accessed on 11.04.17.
16. The Intelligent Investor, The Definitive Book on Value Investing, by Benjamin Graham, accessed on 11.04.17.
17. The Wealth Secret Of Columbia Room 305, The Price Report, accessed on 11.04.17.
18. “Warren Buffett on investing then, now and the economy in 2017”, produced on 9.05.17, accessed on 11.04.17.
Five Year Performance Figures
Seaboard Corp 2012 19.36% | 2013 8.43% | 2014 59.54% | 2015 -27.05% | 2016 62.85% |
Berkshire Hathaway Inc BRK.A 2012 16.82% | 2013 32.70% | 2014 27.04% | 2015 -12.48% | 2016 23.42% |